How we helped a US CPA firm to optimize its process and stay competitive.
- US-based CPA firm
- Quickbooks bookkeeping, reconciliations, accounts payables, accounts receivables, monthly financials
Outsource function opted
- Bookkeeping/accounting back office
Overview of client
- The customer is a US CPA firm providing bookkeeping, accounting, tax returns preparation and tax advice to SMEs. Their client base includes entrepreneurs, partnerships, corporations and not for profit organizations. CPA firm’s clients are divided into 2 types: real-time clients who have a regular flow of work on a weekly or monthly basis and after-the-fact market.
- Client’s focus was to serve the need for a unique market segment:- Small and midsize businesses which had desperate need of a professional, personalized and customized services by the accounting firms.
- The growth targets and long term strategy had the need for a very strong and scalable back office support.
- Unscheduled spikes in the volume of work from the nature of clientele.
- High attrition in his local team and difficulty in getting the right fit employees.
- Internal accountants overburdened hence leaving very less time to focus on high-end consultation.
- Need for cost-cutting due to the current world business scenario.
- An experienced project manager was entrusted to understand the current working structure of the CPA firm.
- The Quickbooks enterprise version was hosted on an ASP (www.rightnetworks.com) for real-time access to all stakeholders.
- Worked with the customer on creating procedures and manuals and standardize them.
- The back office team was split into focusing on real-time clients and after-the-fact clients.
- We shared our established processes with the client and customized specifically to the CPA firm’s needs. This helped us to win the confidence of our client in the initial stage.
- Set up a team with a mix of bookkeepers, junior accountants, and Indian CPA level supervisor.
- Direct channels of communication between the US office and Indian operations.
Key success points
- Over 50% cost savings.
- With seamless communication with the CPA firm, we developed guidelines for all different tasks and clients types.
- Client approved processes helped in the time management and faster turnaround to end clients.
- Our internal process focused on quality. This was divided into two levels, primary being looked over by our team Leads and final look over by our operations mentor.
- CPA Firm’s US team could focus more on customer service, consultation, and business advice to its clients.
- Today 60% of the back office processing work is handled by our Indian operations at Entelyglobal.